Background Research Project: Overview
Contribute to the research and development necessary to support the final conceptualization and planning for a potential graduate Institute on Disability and Public Policy (IDPP) for the ASEAN Region.
- July-August 2009: The Core Team and The Dream Team meet in Bangkok
- December 2009: The Core Team meets at American University
- April 2010: The First Virtual Core Team Meeting
- August 2010: The Core Team and The Dream Team meet in the region to discuss the research findings for the proposed IDPP
Four key areas were identified to support the short-term planning of the IDPP (18 December 2009):
- Identification of Baseline Indicators
- Platform Evaluation and Development
- Curriculum Development; and
- Political Development
COTELCO (The Center for Research on Collaboratories and Technology Enhanced Learning Communities) conducted research and development on the first three areas, and APCD (Asia-Pacific Development Center on Disability) in Bangkok, Thailand led the fourth area. To learn more about the project components COTELCO researched, please browse the links below.