The Institute on Disability and Public Policy (IDPP) and partner University of Malaya’s Centre for Continuing Education collaboratively offer an OnLine English (OLE) course that provides students the opportunity to refine academic English language skills. The course uses a combination of real-time (synchronous) and on-demand (asynchronous) components. The content-driven language instruction focuses on key academic and communication skills and is specially tailored for public policy graduate students.
The OLE program provides opportunities for participants to improve skills in:
- Summarizing, evaluating, and synthesizing information from a number of sources
- Using a wide variety of structures and vocabulary to convey meaning
- Identifying and interpreting main ideas and details in oral and written texts
- Writing clear, relevant, and well-structured responses on a variety of academic subjects
- Preparing for taking English language proficiency exams
Virtual classroom (online)
Next course dates TBD
This online program uses a combination of real-time (synchronous) and on-demand (asynchronous) components.